THE STATE FARM® CELEBRATE MY DRIVE® PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The State Farm® Celebrate My Drive® Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding the state of New Hampshire) and Canadian provinces of Alberta, New Brunswick and Ontario (residents of the following provinces are not eligible to participate: Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland/Labrador) who are 14 years of age or older with Internet access and a valid e-mail address. Employees, officers and directors of The Marketing Arm Inc. (“Promotion Agency”), teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“teamDigital” and/or “Administrator”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related are not eligible to participate. Void in New Hampshire, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland/Labrador and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. NOTE: Any high school that won a Grand or First Prize in the 2013 State Farm® Celebrate My Drive® Promotion is not eligible to win a Grand or First Prize in this 2014 Promotion, but are eligible, however, to win a Second Prize. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local laws, rules and regulations. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used as set forth in these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO REGISTER A HIGH SCHOOL: High school registration is required for participation in this Promotion and will take place between 12:00:01 AM Central Time ("CT") on August 1, 2014 and 11:59:59 PM CT on October 7, 2014 ("Registration Period"). To register a public, private or charter high school located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding the state of New Hampshire) or a Canadian province (excluding the provinces of Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland/Labrador), an Authorized Representative of such high school must visit www.celebratemydrive.com during the Registration Period and follow the directions provided. All registered high schools will be divided into one of two categories based upon their 2013/2014 student enrollment: 1) Large: Greater than (or equal to) 750 students; or 2) Small: Fewer than 750 students.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNING HIGH SCHOOLS: Each registered high school will be divided into one of two high school size categories based upon their 2013/2014 student enrollment: 1) Large: 750 and more students; or 2) Small: Fewer than 750 students. At the conclusion of the Commitment Period, the high school in each category with the greatest number of commitments will be deemed a potential Grand Prize winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. In addition, the next four (4) high schools within each category with the greatest number of commitments will be deemed potential First Prize winners, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. And the next forty-five (45) high schools within each category with the greatest number of commitments will be deemed potential Second Prize winners, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie between any two or more high schools within a given category, the high school with the greatest number of commitments from eligible teens between the ages of 14 and 18 will be deemed the potential winning high school(s). NOTE: Any high school that won a Grand or First Prize in the 2013 State Farm Celebrate My Drive® Promotion is not eligible to win a Grand or First Prize in this 2014 Promotion, but are eligible, however, to win a Second Prize. An authorized high school representative for each potential winning high school will be notified by email, telephone, overnight delivery and/or First Class Mail on/about November 14, 2014. Such high school representative will be required to sign certain documents required by Sponsor within ten (10) days of date of issuance in order to receive the applicable prize. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the potential winning high school cannot accept the designated prize, or high school representative fails to complete the documents provided, Sponsor may disqualify such high school and notify the high school with the next greatest number of commitments for the applicable category. By accepting a prize, the winning high school will be required to permit Sponsor and each of its designees to use such high school's name, location, trademark, mascot and/or logo for a period of no more than five (5) years in any and all media now known or hereafter devised (including on the Internet), worldwide, without compensation (unless prohibited by law). Odds of winning depend on the total number of commitments received for each high school.
5. PRIZES/ARV: Two (2) Grand Prizes (one (1) per high school size category): $100,000 USD Grant awarded in the form of a check/cheque, as well as the opportunity to host a concert performed by a music artist designated by Sponsor. Each concert will take place at a location that is able to accommodate and allow entry for each of the potential Grand Prize winning high school's total 2014-2015 student enrollment. Given the unique nature of the concert, the Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the concert component cannot be determined. ARV of each Grand Prize: $100,000 USD. Eight (8) First Prizes (four (4) per high school size category): $100,000 USD Grant awarded in the form of a check/cheque. ARV of each First Prize: $100,000 USD. Ninety (90) Second Prizes (forty-five (45) per high school size category): $25,000 USD Grant awarded in the form of a check/cheque. ARV of each Second Prize: $25,000 USD. STIPULATION: For each grant awarded, a minimum of 10% of the prize value must be used toward teen driver safety initiatives in the 2014/2015 high school year. Federal, state, local and provincial taxes (including withholding taxes) on prizes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of prize not specified herein, including if an attendee of a Grand Prize concert, any/all transportation to/from the concert, meals, souvenirs and gratuities (if applicable) are the responsibility of the individual high schools. Details of the concerts, including artist, date, time and location, will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize concert attendees must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Recording or filming any portion of a Grand Prize concert is prohibited. Failure to comply with all Grand Prize concert rules and regulations may result in removal from venue. Any/all transportation to/from a Grand Prize concert will not be provided and will be the sole responsibility of the concert attendees. Sponsor will have no obligation to reschedule a Grand Prize concert if it is cancelled for any reason outside Sponsor's control, however, in the event of concert cancellation, the remainder of the prize will still be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Promotion: $3,250,000 USD. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POTENTIAL WINNING HIGH SCHOOL(S) THAT RESIDE IN CANADA: If any eligible Canadian high school is a potential prize winner, high school representative will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time before high school is declared a winner. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the potential winning high school cannot accept the designated prize, or high school representative fails to answer the mathematical skill-testing question correctly, Sponsor may disqualify such high school and notify the high school with the next greatest number of commitments for the applicable category.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who may substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Any portion of prize not accepted by applicable high school will be forfeited. Proof of submitting a registration/commitment will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or other methods of registration/commitment that impact the fairness of the registration or commitment process will void all such registrations/commitments by such methods. In the event of a message or computer error, neither Sponsor, Administrator, Promotion Agency, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, State Farm independent contractor insurance and financial services agents and their staff, advertising, promotion and administrative agencies and anyone else connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion, nor their respective agents and agencies shall have any liability.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promotion or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Promotion is severely undermined by any event, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion without any further obligation. If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to alter this Promotion as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted on-line at www.celebratemydrive.com . In the event of cancellation after commencement, Sponsor will attempt to award the prizes based on all valid and eligible commitments received up to the time of such cancelation, providing a sufficient number of commitments are received.
By participating in this Promotion and registering a high school or submitting a safe driving commitment, each entrant (and, if applicable, their respective parent or legal guardian) or registered high school agrees (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses and liability that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Promotion or from the receipt or use of any Prize, participation or attendance at a Grand Prize concert or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize; and (iii) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR REGISTERED HIGH SCHOOL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, REPLICATE THE WEBSITE, RESKIN OR REPURPOSE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR REGISTERED HIGH SCHOOL, AND SPONSOR, AS APPLICABLE, RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor will not be responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the Promotion, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of any prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrant or registered high school agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant or registered high school; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant or registered high school be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant or registered high school hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys fees, other than entrant or registered high school's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, USA.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the winning high schools (available after December 15, 2014), visit www.celebratemydrive.com or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by December 31, 2014 to: Celebrate My Drive Winners, P.O. Box 13199, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3199. Residents of Canada & Vermont may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, One State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, IL 61710. State Farm is in the business of insurance & financial products & services.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801.
© Copyright, State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, 2014.
THE STATE FARM® CELEBRATE MY DRIVE® PROMOTION NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Open to legal residents of the U.S. & DC (except NH), Canadian provinces of Alberta, New Brunswick & Ontario who are 14 yrs or older with
Internet access & a valid e-mail address. Void in New Hampshire, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island,
Saskatchewan & Newfoundland/Labrador. NOTE: Any high school that won a Grand or First Prize in the 2013 State Farm® Celebrate My Drive® Promotion
is not eligible to win a Grand or First Prize in this 2014 Promotion. High school registration is required to participate. Registration begins at 12:00:01
AM CT on 08/01/14. Registration ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on 10/07/14. Register at www.celebratemydrive.com where directions are provided. All registered high
schools will be divided into 2 categories: Large: 750+ students; or Small: Fewer than 750 students. Make a Safe Driving Commitment between 12:00:00 AM CT
on 10/15/14 & 11:59:59 PM CT on 10/24/14 at www.celebratemydrive.com. Limit (1) commitment, per person, per e-mail address, per day. Odds of winning depend
on the total number of commitments received for each high school. Grand Prizes: (1) per category: $100,000 USD Grant & a Concert. First Prizes: (4) per
category: $100,000 USD Grant. (90) Second Prizes (45) per category: $25,000 USD Grant. Taxes are each high school’s responsibility. High school
representative of any winning Canadian high schools will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. For
the name of the winning high schools, visit www.celebratemydrive.com or send a SASE to: Celebrate My Drive Winners, P.O. Box 13199, Bridgeport,
CT 06673-3199. Contest subject to the full Official Rules available at www.celebratemydrive.com or by sending a SASE to: Celebrate My Drive Rules,
P.O. Box 13199, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3199. Residents of Canada & VT may omit return postage. Sponsor/Prize Provider: State Farm Mutual Automobile
Insurance Company, Bloomington, IL. Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., Bethel, CT.